Jeffrey M. Sanders PLLC
We sue insurance companies that wrongfully deny or delay coverage under insurance policies. We prosecute and defend lawsuits in all major federal and state environmental regulatory programs, including the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and Superfund. We also sue polluters under state laws and the citizen suits provisions of the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act in federal court. We also represent individuals who have been injured through the negligence of others, including toxic tort litigation. We welcome new clients to our law practice.
- Jury verdict of $3.450 Million in Campbell Circuit Court against Indiana Insurance Company in an insurance bad faith case, as well as requiring insurer to defend and indemnify policyholder under a liability policy.
- Directed an environmental due diligence investigation for a $1.2 Billion lease of coal-fired utility plants in western Kentucky.
- Successfully litigated and settled civil suit involving bodily injuries related to a dangerously defective product in a million dollar confidential settlement.
- Successfully settled multiple personal injury and property damage claims related to a nuisance caused by fugitive dust in a multi-million dollar confidential settlement.
- Co-counsel for class action involving personal injury and property damage claims arising from exposure from chemical manufacturing plant in a multi-million dollar confidential settlement.
- Successfully defended a large chemical company against multiple environmental enforcement actions.
- Successfully settled a large toxic tort case involving multiple workers exposed to toxic wastes at an old historical dumpsite in a confidential settlement.
- Successfully settled a natural gas pipeline case involving a family’s exposure to methyl mercaptan in a confidential settlement.
- Successfully settled property damage claims related to damages to a company’s tractor trailers caused by fugitive metallic dust in a confidential settlement.
- Successfully settled property damage claims related to misapplication of pesticides in a confidential settlement.
- Successfully settled personal injury claims related to exposure to solvents in a confidential settlement
- Represented various industrial clients at Superfund sites across Kentucky.
- Represented local county government in litigation involving a Superfund site in Kentucky.
- Represented various industrial clients at RCRA facilities across Kentucky.
- Represented local cities in re-using Brownfields property for new industrial uses.
- Represented various clients seeking to re-use Brownsfield property across Kentucky.
- Coordinated environmental audits and conducted health and safety training at various industrial facilities across Kentucky.
- Defended civil enforcement actions and private litigation involving RCRA, Clean Air Act, and Clean Water Act.
- Defended civil enforcement actions against U.S. EPA involving underground injection wells and oil and gas wells.
- Successfully litigated civil suit filed in federal court under Clean Air Act and obtained injunctive relief against air polluter in federal court.
- Counseled clients on Title V permitting issues related to plant start ups and expansion of large industrial facilities across Kentucky.
- Counseled clients on water permitting issues related to plant start ups and expansion of large industrial facilities across Kentucky.
- Counseled utility on Acid Rain Program, involving trading of market based allowances for sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen, which helped reduce acid rain.
- Counseled client on successful closure of hazardous waste impoundment under state law in lieu of submitting RCRA permit application.
- Counseled client on closure of wastewater treatment impoundments under state law in lieu of submitting RCRA permit application.
- Counseled client on potential health issues related to lead levels in soil and inside of public housing project.
- Counseled client on potential health issues related to presence of heavy metals identified in surface water retention ponds.
- Counseled clients on soil and groundwater remediation issues related cleaning up spills and releases of hazardous waste at large industrial facilities across Kentucky.
- Counseled clients on groundwater remediation issues related to DNAPL and LNAPL chlorinated organic compounds at a large industrial facility in Kentucky.
- Counseled clients on nature and extent of environmental liabilities at multiple sites across Kentucky.
- Monitored and audited environmental engineering remediation expenses for clients’ remediation soil and groundwater projects.
- Successfully obtained a construction and operating permit for a RCRA Subtitle D landfill.
Jeffrey M. Sanders PLLC is a successful boutique complex litigation law firm located in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We focus our energy and efforts on matters involving insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, environmental law, toxic tort, and natural resource law. We use a team approach in our cases that maximizes our talents, skills, and resources in a cost-effective manner so we can aggressively advocate our clients’ objectives and achieve their long-term strategic goals. We maintain the highest ethical standards in our profession.